Getting high ping while playing online games can be a real pain. You’re in the middle of a match and suddenly your ping spikes and you get killed by someone who was supposed to have died 5 seconds ago. And you can’t do anything about it until now. Here on this post we are going to teach you ways on how you can lower your ping while playing League of Legends or any other online games for this matter.
First, Lets Understand Why Ping is Important and Why it Fluctuates?
The ping is a special number for any gamer. It tells you how long it takes for your computer to send data to another computer, and how long it takes for that other computer to receive it. The lower your ping, the less lag you’ll experience when playing games online—and the better your gaming experience will be. But why does the ping fluctuate? What causes it to change?
Ping – is a measurement of latency—the time it takes for information to travel between two devices. In this case between your computer and League of Legends servers.
Low Ping – means the receiving and sending of data is quick thus has better response time.
High Ping – means the receiving and sending of data is slow because of a lot of factors.
High Network Activity – high network activity such as high usage of internet on your home, a lot of users are simultaneously downloading and uploading data, watching videos on youtube/tiktok will greatly increase your PING.
Here are some Effective Tips to Lower your Ping while Playing League of Legends
- Check your connection speed and make sure it is FIBER, other wireless internet plans are just plain not suitable for gaming. If you’re playing on a wireless connection (like Wi-Fi), make sure that it supports 802.11n 5GHz speeds at least 1mbps faster than your current 802.11g 2.4GHz connection speed. This will ensure that your connection doesn’t get bogged down by interference from other nearby wireless networks or devices that use 2.4GHz radio frequencies like microwaves or cordless phones.
- Check the distance between your computer and router: Try moving closer to where the router is located to see if this improves connectivity issues regardless if you are using WIFI or WIRED the shorter the distance the better, to reduces ping on playing online games.
- Make sure your internet connection is stable. If your connection is not stable, it will cause higher pings and poorer performance in general. Now, you don’t have the power over this and it is out of your control if your ISP is having issues.
- Use a wired connection instead of a wireless one. This will help ensure that data is being delivered as quickly as possible. Using WIFI has a lot of interference since the data is travelled using wireless frequencies and is very prone of interference. Using a LAN cable is greatly improve your PING.
- Use a quality router that supports channel bonding and AC wifi standards (if possible). These things will help ensure that you have fast connections throughout your home and improving your gaming experience.
- Now, this is kind a odd way to do it but if you are really bugged by your high ping then do this turn off your routers WIFI capability, to remove other users using the internet focusing only to your gaming
- If none, of the above works, then you should buy another line of internet access and dedicate it to your online gaming activity. This way, you alone is the only one using the internet line. Fiber connection is the best plan to have for gaming.
If you’re a true gamer, then you shoud know that ping is the most important factor to consider when playing League of Legends because it greatly affects your online gaming experience. When ping is low, you can play games more smoothly and with less lag.
If your ping is high, then you may experience stuttering or other issues that make it difficult to play. If you want to improve your ping for gaming, then consider changing your location or switching providers.