Who could forget those golden times playing “Call of Duty” on the couch with friends and play the game in TV screen? Split-screen was the thrill of the day, and guess what, it’s still a feature in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and with over 100,000 concurrent players this feature is a must have to gamers.
If you want to play call of duty with your friends on your side but don’t want to use any console of PC, Now we have COD Mobile a new experience for mobile gamers that love COD.
Settings for Split-Screen
The first hurdle is setting up the split-screen. Unlike the classic four-player format, Modern Warfare 2 lets two players battle it out. You’d need an extra controller or keyboard and mouse, besides your original. Hook it up and get ready to roll.
Ste by Step Guide:
- First, make sure that you have an additional controller or a keyboard and mouse. This will act as the second player’s device.
- Connect the second controller or keyboard and mouse to your console or PC.
- Link the second device to an Xbox profile or PlayStation profile. You can either use an existing profile or log in with your own account.
- Start Modern Warfare 2. Once the main menu appears, the second player needs to press the button to join the game (X for PlayStation, A for Xbox, or Space for K/M).
- Log into Activision ID profile to get access to their custom weapons and loadouts. Or play without an Activision ID, but they’ll be restricted to using the default loadouts.
- As mentioned above not all game modes support split-screen multiplayer. So choose from the ones that do, like 3rd Person Moshpit, Search And Destroy, Headquarters, Kill Confirmed, Hardpoint, Prisoner Rescue, Domination, Team Deathmatch, or Knock Out.
- If you don’t want to manually select a game mode, use Quick Play for an immediate start. However, make sure to filter out Free-For-All or the game won’t start.
For Free-For-All enthusiasts, you can set up a Private Match. This mode supports split-screen multiplayer. in to an existing Xbox or PlayStation profile or use your account. Fire up Modern Warfare, and with a simple click (X for PlayStation, A for Xbox, or Space for K/M), the second player joins the fun.
They can either use their Activision ID profile or go profile-less. Bear in mind, Activision ID gets them their arsenal. Those without one have to stick to the default loadouts.
What Game Modes are Available To Play in Split-Screen
Hang on, before you dive in, it’s worth knowing that not all game modes support split-screen. Sorry folks, Spec Ops, Free-For-All, Ground War, and Invasion are off the list. If you attempt to jump into these modes with a buddy, the game will firmly ask player two to disconnect.
But all is not lost! Plenty of other modes are ready for your split-screen adventure:
- 3rd Person Moshpit
- Search And Destroy
- Kill Confirmed
- Prisoner Rescue
- Team Deathmatch
- Knock Out
You can also utilize the Quick Play feature for a swift split-screen multiplayer match. Just filter out Free-For-All, or it’s a no-go. If you’re a Free-For-All fan, you can still enjoy it via Private Matches, which happily support split-screen multiplayer.
Making the Most of The Split-Screen Mode
Here are some tips and tricks to take advantage of the split-screen feature.Two heads are better than one. Strategize, divide and conquer since you are seeing the same screen. Cover more ground and outflank your opponents. And most importantly, make sure your friend’s got your six.
Split-screen is not just a game mode. It’s a throwback to simpler times, and a tribute to good old couch gaming. In the world of Modern Warfare, it’s an invite to double the thrill, double the fun, and share memorable gaming moments with friends.